Soozie Jenkinson, Head of Lingerie at Marks & Spencer, shares her five top tips for a bride when shopping for bridal underwear
1) Get measured and fitted in the run-up to your big day to ensure your bra creates the best support and shape under your dress. Our lingerie departments offer a free fitting and advice service or if you can’t get to a store, our online Bra Fitting tool will help you measure and choose a style which will suit your individual shape.
2) Choose underwear that complements your dress and creates a smooth silhouette. No VPL finishes on knickers and Shapewear will ensure no ugly lines digging un under close-fitting dresses.
3) Consider the option of changing into something more feminine for your wedding night. Beautiful silk and lace collections make beautiful trousseau set.
4) Don’t forget your hosiery! The nude leg look is perfect to dress your legs and our High Heel Hosiery (™) is a great choice if you are wearing stiletto heels form day to night.
5) Consider the shade of your underwear as this could affect how visible it is. If in doubt, go with a shade closest to your skin colour.