Questions to ask when choosing your venue
Arguably the venue is the first booking you will make when planning your big day and the size of the wedding you want is vital here – you need to find out if venues can accommodate all of your guests and whether there is a minimum number required in order to have the whole venue rather than just some rooms.
• Make sure to ask if there will be any other events on the same day and if there are there any restrictions on where you can have photographs taken.
• Also find out about your options regarding food – do they have in-house caterers and is there a charge if you decide you want to bring in your own?
• Accommodation is another key question, so ask if there is any available for you and your guests (if needed) and if there is somewhere for you to get ready on the day – as this will affect your transport.
• Check the venue can accommodate any other requirements you have such as a band, marquee or even fireworks if you want the day to go off with a bang!
• Can it accommodate all of your guests?
• Is there a minimum number required in order to have the whole venue?
• Will there be any other events taking place on the same day?
• Are there any restrictions on where you can take photographs?
• Do they have in-house caterers?
• Is there accommodation for you and your guests?
• Is there somewhere for you to get ready on the day?
• Will there be someone there who can receive delivery of the cake and flowers?
• Will they decorate the venue or can you bring in someone else – are there any restrictions?
• Can they accommodate any other requirements you have such as a band, marquee or even fireworks?
• If your DJ provides any other services such as lighting effects is this allowable and do they have the space?
• If your band does not provide music between sets does the venue have the capability to put on music?
• Do they have somewhere for the band to get ready if they need it?